Sunday, February 24, 2013

Back in the Loop

So I haven't been around for a while.  There's a couple of reasons for that--first off, I finished my teaching certification and now live in Beirut, Lebanon, where I'm an English teacher at a private high school.  Suffice it to say, that's been a pretty big transition.  On top of that, there have been some personal issues and some issues with my last novel being available and so forth, all of which have been dealt with and are finished.

Now, onto the latest news.  First off, my novel The Wolf and the Bear is no longer available.  That's unfortunate, but it is what it is.  My experience with Trestle Press was...less than ideal, and let's leave it at that.

But that's not the end of things.  I have recently signed an agreement with the British outfit, Aventura eBooks, to publish my earlier novel, The Poison Spirit.  I'll have more news as things develop, but Aventura is an established outfit and I'm hoping everything goes well with this new arrangement.

Other than that, I'm working on A LOT of new projects, mostly in original worlds and so moving away from historical fiction, though I still have a strong interest in continuing the stories I've started.  We'll see where things go.

As for living in Beirut--well, that's an experience all its own.  It's a beautiful place, if conflicted, and stuck in a part of the world that is torn between several different ideologies.  Luckily, that has yet to affect me in any meaningful way.  My students are terrific and the school for which I'm working is great.  There's little flaws, obviously, but you're going to find them anywhere.  The positive is outweighing the negative for now and I'm hoping it stays that way.

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment